Manufacturing Supervisor – 3rd Shift 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM – Base Salary Range: $64,000 - $69,000 + Production Weekend & Annual Bonus Opportunity (JobReq00183)
Base Salary Range: $64,000 — $69,000 + Production Weekend & Annual Bonus Opportunity
Who is Klauer Manufacturing Company?
Founded in 1870, Klauer was built on hard work, quality and excellent customer service. Klauer’s mission is to enable our customers in the building products industry to win through the quality, consistency, and predictability of everything we do. We have three locations in Dubuque, IA, where our goal is to provide a safe and family-oriented working environment for all our employees. As a team, we maintain our mission through our cultural values and company priorities: safety, positive attitude, effort and accountability.
What can you expect from Klauer Manufacturing?
You can expect to feel part of the Klauer Manufacturing family, which is inclusive, regardless of gender, background, disability, or status. We offer a generous total rewards package for all team members, including work-hour flexibility, health, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan, 11 paid holidays, vacation, paid funeral leave, and paid jury duty.
Who are you?
Klauer is looking for solutions-oriented candidates to implement company strategy and objectives within your department. The goal is to promote corporate values and persevere through obstacles to achieve winning results for both Klauer and its customers. The [job title] possesses the qualifications and characteristics listed below:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to roll up the sleeves when necessary
- Able to operate resourcefully in dynamic environments
- Organized, detail-oriented and proficient at follow-up
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with team members and department heads with candor, tact, patience, and diplomacy
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of prioritization and time management techniques
- Be able to address problems through critical thinking
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of good leadership practices
- Physical requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
- Class II – Light (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)
Preferably you have an associate degree, leadership certifications, or relative field and a few years of experience (or equivalent experience or certifications). However, with the right experiences, we are open to all qualified candidates.
What does Klauer ask of you?
- Assign, train and direct the job assignments of associates throughout the shift to maximize efficiency within the various departments of the operation. Areas to include production, receiving and shipping.
- Use metrics and root cause analysis to identify and establish improvement initiatives.
- Enforce all company factory rules, policies, and progressive discipline process.
- Monitor the production and shipping schedules to ensure acceptable on-time deliveries.
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce setups, cycle times, scrap, and work in process inventory.
- Accountable for observing and enforcing all applicable safety requirements.
- Review production schedules and process flows to objectively evaluate obstacles preventing product delivery including monitoring internal lead times.