Classification — Exempt
Reporting Structure – This position will report to the Production Manager.
Assist in the supervision of employees to help ensure safety, efficiency and productivity. Perform administrative tasks under the guidance of the Production Manager, such as documenting procedures and creating guidelines.
- Assign and direct the job assignments of associates throughout the shift to maximize efficiency within the various departments of the operation. Areas to include production, receiving and shipping.
- Cross-train workers so that they can fill in various positions as needed.
- Use metrics and root cause analysis to identify and establish improvement initiatives.
- Enforce all company factory rules, policies, and progressive discipline process.
- Monitor the production and shipping schedules to ensure acceptable on-time deliveries.
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce setups, cycle times, scrap, and work in process inventory.
- Responsible for observing and enforcing all applicable safety requirements.
- Review production schedules and process flows in order to objectively evaluate obstacles preventing product delivery including monitoring internal lead times.
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Critical Thinking
- Time and Priority Management
- Problem Solving
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years in a leadership role
Physical demands for this job require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping. Strength rating for this job is L – Light Work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
Class II – Light (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)