- Adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures
- Understand, develop, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electro-mechanical equipment and systems
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on installed electro-mechanical equipment and systems
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Read blueprints, schematics, manuals and diagrams to determine the method of assembly and sequence of operation for a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Setup and operate standard machining equipment such as lathes, mills, saws, and grinders
- Use measuring, leveling and alignment devices to verify dimensions, alignments and clearances to ensure conformance to specifications
- Install, remove, and relocate equipment and systems as required
- Provide training to employees to help them understand electro-mechanical work at the implementation phase for new systems
- Select and order required parts and materials using parts list, catalogs, and standard books
- Fill out and create reports for each task completed during the day
- Aptitude with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and use multiple programmable logic languages
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics and/or blueprints
- Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Related Associate’s Degree
Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking climbing, pushing and/or pulling, twisting, bending, kneeling and grasping) Technician is required to work at times above ground level using ladders and lifting devices such as Genie boom. Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping and kneeling are required.
The Physical Demands Strength Rating for this job is “M – Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work”.
Class M – Medium (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)