The primary role will be to engage with production team members and provide support to manufacturing processes. This person will also develop, improve, and implement manufacturing process changes required to improve the efficiencies of individual operations.
The position will investigate alternative solutions for given projects, develop cost information for each, make recommendations and complete projects. The incumbent designs and/or specifies equipment to satisfy manufacturing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use engineering principles to provide operations support with hands on troubleshooting and process development.
- Maintain practical knowledge of operating systems and mechanical equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments regarding the quality and/or performance of machinery, tooling, fixtures, gages, etc.
- Maintain equipment and tooling within safety and environmental standards.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding operational improvements on equipment, machinery, processes, etc.
- Recommend and justify the most efficient use of existing production equipment. Provide new equipment justification.
- Prepare weekly or monthly reports on the status of each assigned project.
- Evaluate and develops procedures for production equipment and processes.
- Coordinate and direct the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in coordinating each phase of installation; set-up, debugging, implementing, and training on new equipment and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have solid project management and leadership skills.
- A bachelor’s degree (engineering, industrial technology) is desired.
- CAD, Microsoft Office
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Driver’s License
Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and stooping. Strength rating for this job is L – Light Work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical requirements are more than those for sedentary work.
Class II – Light (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)