Purchasing Specialist: 1st Shift: $20.00 - $24.00/Hour
Who is Klauer Manufacturing Company?
Founded in 1870, Klauer was built on hard work, quality products and service. Klauer’s mission is to enable our customers in the building products industry to win through the quality, consistency, and predictability of everything we do. We have three locations in Dubuque, IA, where our goal is to provide a safe and family-oriented working environment for our employees. As a team, we maintain our mission through our cultural values and company priorities: safety, attitude, effort and accountability.
What can you expect from Klauer Manufacturing?
You can expect to feel part of the Klauer Manufacturing family, which is inclusive, regardless of gender, background, disability, or status. We offer a generous benefits package for all team members, including work-hour flexibility, health, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, paid funeral leave, and paid jury duty.
Who are you?
Klauer is looking for solutions-oriented candidates to implement company strategy and objectives within their department. The goal is to promote cultural values and persevere through obstacles to achieve winning results for both Klauer and its customers. The Purchasing Specialist possesses the qualifications and characteristics listed below:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Able to operate resourcefully in dynamic environments
- Organized, detail-oriented and proficient at follow-up
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with team members and department heads with candor, tact, patience, and diplomacy
- Willingness and ability to learn other computer systems as necessary to effectively perform essential duties
- Willingness and ability to become certified to operate forklifts, hoists, cranes, and other equipment required to successfully perform essential duties
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel preferred
What does Klauer ask of you?
In the Purchasing Specialist role, you will champion the following:
- Work within Klauer ERP and other software programs to maintain accurate records of receipts and product shipments.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Work with the Materials team to maintain accurate inventory transactions within the ERP system.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, cranes, and other equipment as required.’
- Reconcile accounts and correct discrepancies as they arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.